Experienced Veterinary Nurse needed at Penguin Veterinary Centre.
We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Nurse, with good references and a history of reliability, honesty and diligence. Certification is a bonus and something we are happy to help you work towards.
This is a small, independent Veterinary Centre in a rural seaside district. We can be hectic, with 5 emergencies at the same time, but prefer a moderate pace + provision of excellent veterinary services.
We currently see about 85% pets and 15% farmstock. Fully equipped, we can attend to the medical and surgical needs of all species.
You could expect to be involved in all facets of veterinary nursing ... reception [phone, desk, digital], cleaning, animal care, cleaning, care and maintenance of equipment, OTC sales, sourcing of animal care information for clients, participation in ongoing education, assisting with anaesthesia, surgery, radiology, laboratory assays and the monitoring of recovery and rehabilitation, etc
You would often be working independently, utilizing your own skills and expertise, but within pre-defined professional protocols..
· To have general experience within an active, efficient Veterinary environment
· To be trained and experienced in Reception duties within a Veterinary environment
· To have reasonable computer skills. We mainly use microsoft Office … Word & Excel
· To have excellent inter-personal and client- service skills. To demonstrate empathy with people in difficult situations
· To be fundamentally good-humored, with a mature, compassionate, non-judgemental attitude and a recognized ability to cope with pressure and setbacks.
· To be honest and reliable … Have a clean police record, plus suitable character  and professional [2 or more] references.
· To be interested in and willing to learn about all aspects of the health, welfare & care of all animals, including birds and wildlife.
Also Desirable and Highly regarded
· An advanced Interest, skill or training in perhaps  clipping and grooming or  dog training  management, with experience in record keeping, stock control, sales and purchasing  a parallel field such as Medicine, Pharmacy, or Dentistry
· Current driving license
· An interest and flair in developing client information handouts and displays.