Kennel Hand - Odd Job / Trainee Penguin Veterinary Centre
Your chief and ultimate duty is cleaning and care of the premises, also supervised animal care, and helping other staff when needful. You need to be willing to work independently, utilizing your own skills, but within predefined and strict guidelines.
For someone interested in a Veterinary Nursing career, additional training hours may be arranged to co-ordinate with structured coursework. In-house & own-time [webinar] education will be available to expand your knowledge base.
· Be honest, diligent and reliable.
· Have a clean police record, and the requisite references.
· Listen, learn and do. Perform duties thoroughly and see jobs through to completion
· Be fundamentally good-humored.
· Be interested in and willing to learn about, the health and welfare of all animals, including birds and wildlife.
Also Desirable and Highly regarded
· Some animal handling skills
· Experience in the cleaning and maintenance of business premises
· Current driving license
This is a permament part-time, hands-on position. Ordinarily a minimum of 40 hours per fortnight, with 10 x 4 hour shifts, generally 8a.m. - Noon &/or 1-5p.m. including alternate Saturday mornings.
The early shift would expand your duties into some basic reception work and helping with admission of rostered surgical cases
The later shift would include end-of-day closing up and hosing down the premises, helping with discharge of hospital patients, plus evening care for clinic pets, in-care strays and hospitalized animals.